Tuesday, May 6, 2008

well here I am in the world of blogging. This is all pretty new to me so we will see how it goes. I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs so I hope I have something of interest to share with others.
My kids have blogs, so I thought I might as well give it a go. I was talking to Vanessa today telling her I might start a blog, but wasn't sure I had anything to write about and then she started giving me all sorts of ideas. I guess my life isn't as ho-hum as I thought it was. Or maybe it really is and everyone else's is too.
Today I am babysitting Natalie's kids while she is at the dr, shopping and looking at some houses with Chad. Noah has on his superman cape so he is as happy as can be. He really gets into superman. We had lunch and Owen, who is 1, ate as much as Heidi and Noah. I think he really likes food, and lots of it.
I have been looking for a dress for Whitley's wedding and have really not had a lot of luck. Since I am not as thin as I use to be, or ever was for that matter of fact, I am having a hard time finding something that doesn't look like my grandma would have worn it. I did buy a dress a couple of weeks ago that will work if I absolutely can't find anything else, but it really isn't what I am wanting. Macy got some really pretty material and if I can find a pattern I like we may just have to make it. Well I should say she , not we, would make it. I have no sewing abilities at all. In fact I hate to sew. I find it very stressful. I can remember in Jr. High when all the other girls made dresses, I made a pixie scarf. Now I am really dating myself, cause most of you probably don't even know what a pixie scarf is. Well Macy was nice enough to tell me maybe I could make a pixie scarf to match the dress she would make for me. I raised such a nice loving daughter. She is always thinking of me.
No really she is always thinking of me. She helps me with all the sewing and crafty stuff that I stink at. Which is just about everything.
Welll such is my first blog. Hope someone out there enjoyed it. If not, well ,just don't let me know. It will be better for my ego that way!!!

5 comments:

Brentalfloss said...

So what you are saying is, Owen not only looks like Chad, he EATS like Chad!

Vanessa said...

I never thought I'd see the day where not only are you on facebook, but you are also blogging. I'm so proud of you!

TotallyContent said...

Hi Carlene!! Jenny (Fetters) here. I'm so happy that you started a blog. Modern technology makes it so easy for us to keep in contact with everyone. Have fun blogging.

Jarmeg Family said...

Hi Carlene! I can't believe little 5 year old Whitley is getting married??!!!! Sounds like you are doing great! I need to get my mom to do a blog too! Keep in touch!

Kirsten said...

Hi Carlene! Sounds like you are going great! It is fun to see what all the Stallers are up too! keep in touch!