Friday, May 16, 2008

Bathroom Remodel

Monday was a shopping day. Macy and I went to Home Depot and Lowes looking for stuff for the bathroom. For those of you who don't know we are about to embark on a bathroom remodel. Now this is happening much to the chagrin of Ross. He likes to keep things just as they are. You know, if it aint broke don't fix it. Well unfortunately it is broke, he just doesn't want to admit that it is.
Several months ago I noticed that the paint on the wall next to the bathtub was starting to bubble up. I said something about it to Ross, but he pretty much ignored it. Well it got worse and once again I said something to Ross and again he pretty much ignored it. Finally I got him to admit that there might be a slight problem, such as a water leak. But, all he said was, well we can't do anything until we find the leak. Ok, so I thought he was going to find the leak. Well that didn't happen so I took matters into my own hands. We have really old pink tile on the walls in the bathroom and one actually fell off. Now this really did happen all by itself, I had nothing to do with it, but it gave me an excuse to get those tiles off the wall. I knew we had a leak and I knew we had to find it. So I started my quest. I knew Ross would not be happy when he came home from work to see my handiwork, but I knew I had to take matters into my own hands. As most of you know Ross moves pretty slooooooooooow. And that is an understatement. Well he came home and I was surprised at how calm he was. All he said was "Car, why did you do that".
Well that has been over 2 months ago and nothing more has happened. So I finally called a friend who is a contractor and he is coming in the morning to asses what has to be done. And all Ross said was, well we have to find the leak before we can do anything. So I told him that is what Lee is going to do and he is going to tell us what has to be done. Well now on to the fun stuff, the shopping. Well, it's suppose to be fun, unless you know what you want and you can't find it. Lowes assortment of sinks for the bathroom was well lets say not the greatest. I had found one online though that I liked and they are going to order it for me. My only problem is I left the store on Monday without paying for it so they can't order it until I pay. I bought other things that day and completely forgot to pay for the sink, duh. I also got a new faucet which is really cool and a new faucet for the kitchen sink. Now I am on the hunt for flooring for the bathroom. I wanted to get a vinyl that looks like wood, but haven't really found what I want. So I may have to rethink things. I am just glad Lee will be here in the morning and we can get started on all this. We are going to try to do most of the demo ourselves, so we will see how that goes. I pretty much have all the tile off the wall and have taken up some of the old tile off the floor. This bathroom is really dated so we have several things to get new, but it will look great when we are done, at least in my mind it does now. Hope it does when we get done. Oh the joys of remodeling. I am just glad this is one Ross won't be doing. That means there will be a completion day. Yeah.

5 comments:

Stephy said...

I loved reading your blog! I am glad you found me. Keep up the writing. I loved reading about you and Ross taking care of your darling grandchildren! I love it!

lindsay coudron said...

I love hearing how your family is doing. We have been throwing around the idea of setting up a practice in Indiana:) I really didn't think that I missed it so much, but now thinking about where to raise a family it just makes sense:)good luck with the bathroom.

Berry Family said...

Good luck with the bathroom remodel!

Rivera Family said...

I found your blog through my sister Lindsay. This is Lisa (Trout). I just saw that Ben is expecting twins. I just had twins in January. Tell him it is so fun and wonderful. There is a baby for both parents. We just love it.

Stephy said...

So sorry. Here is Grant's address.

549 S. 4th W. #14
Rexburg, ID
83440