Monday, May 12, 2008

My Weekend

Wow it was a busy weekend. As you know from my last post I had Vivian and Sophie Friday and Saturday. Saturday I took Vivian with me to a baptism at church. She was really good. I left Sophie home sleeping with Ross, and I was really crossing my fingers she would sleep the whole time I was gone. Well I must be living right cause she was still asleep when Vivian and I got home. That's good cause sometimes Ross isn't that great at watching the kids, he thinks he is, but no he really isn't. It was a nice day and Ross worked outside most of the day. He took Vivian out with him so she could pick some flowers, aka , dandelions. Well he turned his back and Vivian was making a beeline for the road . I hear him screaming at her to stop, so I looked out the kitchen window to see him running after her as she is heading for the road. Thankfully she took a turn and stopped because I could hear the traffic out on the road. We live just outside of town, but right on the highway and the cars go by really fast. Well needless to say I just about had a heart attack. Vivian had to stand in the corner, she did a lot of that over the 2 days she was hear. I keep telling Ross you can't take your eyes off the kids when they are outside cause they will be gone just like that. Wll after all that I decided Miss Vivian needed a nap, so I put here down in my room. That was a mistake cause I went in to check on her and guess what, she wasn't in bed. She had made a mess and was trying to climb up my dresser. Well just let it be said that by this time Grandma had lost her patience. I finally decided I needed a nap and layed down with her and we both fell asleep.
On to Mother's day. We went to church and had a good meeting. It was a little hard for me hearing the one talk since my mom passed away last year. It made me think of her and how much I miss her.
I love being a mom and grandma, it's been the best. My kids are great, and they have grown into wonderful adults. I couldn't have asked for more.
We went to Natalie's for lunch and the guys fixed our meal. I had New York Strip on the grill and it was great. I never have steak and ooooohhhhh it was good. Macy made salsa and that was great too. We stayed all afternoon and then brought Heidi and Noah home with us for a sleepover. They are so much fun. They slept good, when I finally got them to bed. All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Hello! I am so glad that you sent me the email with your blog...this way I can keep you with the happenings in your life. It was so good to see a few weeks ago!