Friday, May 9, 2008

I am feeling a little lonely today, though I am not sure why. I have Vivian and Sophie for all night so you would think that would be keeping me busy and it is don't get me wrong, but just knowing everyone is out of town makes me feel a little lonely and on my own.
Ross took a vacation day and went to Indianapolis to the time trials. I went with him last year and well lets just say it wasn't the best time I have ever had. In fact it was about as much fun for me as it would have been for Ross if I had taken him shopping, I think you all get the picture.
He is stopping to see his mother on the way home. Now lets talk about that a little bit. The other day I suggested to Ross that he take his mother out to eat for mothers day. Well his response was, and I quote, "I'm just gonna get her something."" So what does that lead you to believe? Well I took it that he was going to do just that, get his mother something for mothers day. oh no, Ross came home that night from work and asked me if I had gotten his mom anything for mothers day. Ok, you can just about imagine my response. Sometimes I just don't understand how men think, and you know what, I have come to the conclusion that hey, they don't think. Anyway I got his mom a present and he was stopping to see her and give it to her tonight.
Natalie and Chad are also gone today. They went to Chicago to a Cubs game and will be home late tonight.
Now the reason I have Vivian and Sophie is because Macy and Brent also went to Chicago to celebrate their 7th year wedding anniversary. So it just feels a little lonely here in South Whitley with everyone out of town. I am pretty sure I will survive though
Now another dilema I have. I am on the hunt for a really good sandwich wrap recipe for Whitley's wedding reception. You know I want something that when I eat it I say , Wow, that was really good. I haven't come across it yet.
I tried a recipe yesterday that I was very hopeful about, but it just didn't wow me. It was just ok. My niece Hollie gave me the recipe from the hotel where she works and it sounded like it would be really yummy, but like I said it was just ok. It was turkey breast with lettuce and pepperjack cheese with a cranberry mayo. I was just a little, well actually a lot disappointed.
So I am still on the hunt for something that is just really gonna make me crave it. So if any of you have any suggestions, I am open and ready to listen. I just decided since this is the last wedding I will be doing, I wanted to do something a little different that just plain sandwiches.
Hopefully I will find something.
I picked up Whitley's engagement pictures yesterday so now I am just waiting for the invitations to arrive so I can start the process of putting everything together. They turned out pretty good. Macy took them when we were in Utah helping Whitley pick out her wedding dress.
Everything is on track and I think we are good to go. Just need to buy some airline tickets and get a hotel room reserved. After 5 weddings I have become pretty good at all this. Practice makes perfect.
Well like I said if any of you have any great wrap recipes send them my way.

2 comments:

Macy said...

um, please don't make anything gross!

Kirsten said...

i found a wrap recipe that I think sounds delicious...
crab & mango lettuce wraps
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=76757
Yummy! I don't know if you can do this b/c not everyone likes seafood.
Check it out and see what you think. I won't be offended if you don't like it.