Saturday, January 3, 2009

AHHHHH

Well the holidays are over and as much as I love getting ready for them I am always ready to get back to normal. Well as normal as we can be!!!! We had a great Christmas, but I missed not having all the kids here. We share the holidays as most do with the in-laws. I am getting use to it, but it is always great when everyone is here. Macy and Natalie were both home this year so that made it good. Ross and I slept in til 9 o'clock. I am sure that is the latest we have ever slept on Christmas in our lives. It was wonderful. The girls came over aroun 11 and we had brunch and opened our presents. We headed down to Ross' moms around 3pm. Oh yea before we made it to his mothers, Ross successfully ran us into a horse fence and the ditch. Unless I forgot to mention we had an ice storm a week before and the back roads were still a sheet of ice. So of course we were on a road that had not been traveled on, I mean why would it, it was like someones driveway, and we or I should say HE couldn't get slowed enough to make the turn and we slid right into the ditch and fence. I am just glad it was his car and not mine. So his bumper is pretty messed up. That is the second time he has gone in the ditch on Christmas day going to his mothers. Needless to say no one is going to want to ride with him on Christmas, at least not if they have a brain in their head. Ross got a Wii for Christmas and he loves it. He is like a little kid when he plays. Or maybe he really is reverting to his childhood? Anyway it was a good day.
Vanessa surprised us with a visit home on the 30th of Dec. She was here until today, the 3rd. She missed us so much, no really she had some time off work that wasn't anticipated and decided to surprise us. It was great. They will be home for good this summer since Ryan will be done with Dental School. I can hardly wait. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: