Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Trees are gone

Well we had two rather large trees cut down yesterday. One was a maple out by the road and the other was a huge blue spruce right next to the house. I always hate to see trees cut down but these were both dying and I really didn't want the blue spruce falling on the house. So things look a little different. It is a little easier to see though pulling out of the driveway. I watched as the one down by the road came crashing down. It was a little scary. It made quite a thud as it hit the ground. We will need to get something planted in its place. We won't live long enough to enjoy a big tree but someone else will someday. Whitley will be home Thur. with her fiance' Brent. I told Ross he needs to be nice when he meets him. I know he wouldn't be mean or anything but for those of you who know Ross he is a man of few words and some might think that he doesn't like them so therefore he isn't talking much. I am sure Whitley has prepared Brent. But like Vanessa said tonight, you can tell them but they don't really get it until they meet Ross. We will be busy next week making the centerpieces meeting with the caterer and meeting with the lady doing the cake. Hopefully then we can just relax and enjoy ourselves until the wedding. Well at least its wishful thinking. We still have a lot of people that have sent their rsvp so I am hoping I will be getting those this week. I gotta have a head count so I know how much food to have. I certainly don't want to be short, that would be awful. Well I am fixing Ross a bit to eat since he just got home and then I will be heading to bed.

No comments: